The Mercosur agreement allows nationals from the member countries to request residency in Peru so they are authorized to work.


Assignees from Mercosur countries (see list below) who have a clean criminal record can request a Change of status in Peru. They will be allowed a 2 years residency and they will be allowed to work in Peru. Afterward, the Mercosur foreign resident can apply for the Permanent Residency.

Mercosur countries eligible for Peruvian Residence:

  • Argentina
  • Bolivia
  • Brazil
  • Colombia
  • Chile
  • Ecuador
  • Paraguay
  • Uruguay

Enquire Now